|Title:||Senior Regional Recruiter (Baker Concrete, DC)|
Since 1968, Baker Concrete has worked hard to build a world-class organization that takes on challenging concrete construction projects with client expectations of on-time, on-budget and exceed-expectation results. The company works on major construction projects from factories, stadiums, high-rise buildings, energy plants, raceways, and other significant concrete works. In 2010, Baker Concrete acquired Brothers Concrete Construction in Washington, DC. Baker DC works hard to maintain and deliver on Baker Concrete's strong reputation as a successful concrete contractor. We are looking to attract a world-class senior recruiter from the construction industries to help us attract, select, and hire high-caliber executives and professional, college graduates, and high-valued craft team members needed for Baker DC.
For all inquiries please contact:
NOTE: All applications are to be submitted online here at: https://epraxis.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a27p0jjwfpx5
Baker Concrete and its affiliate Baker DC (hereafter Baker DC) are world-class family-owned/operated construction companies. With over 800 team members, Baker DC has a long history and reputation for delivering complex concrete construction projects on-time, on-budget, with results that repeatedly meet and exceed customer expectations. At Baker DC, we realize that we are only as good as the team members we hire, onboard, develop, and retain. Baker DC is seeking to attract and hire an outstanding senior recruiter who will bring greater expertise, guidance, strategy, processes, and deliver best-of-industry recruiting services focused on attracting, sourcing, and selecting talent. Our Senior Recruiter will work with the Talent Manager on recruiting strategy and is integral in setting and managing recruitment for Baker DC including attracting construction industry key executives and professionals, to high caliber college entry-level talent, to support with HR sourcing strategy for craft positions and strategic support. We are truly looking for a creative, innovative, responsive, and experienced full-lifecycle senior recruiter to join us.
The Senior Regional Recruiter
The Senior Regional Recruiter reports to the Regional Talent Manager. The Senior Regional Recruiter will be self-directed, self-motivated, and work to develop, track, and fulfill the recruiting mission of the talent management department. The Senior Regional Manager will work collaboratively with other leaders in talent management (recruiting, scheduling, human resources, and training) to ideate, develop, and implement an industry-leading strategy for the company that will include measures for attracting, selecting, and hiring needed talent additions. Initially, the Senior Regional Recruiter will focus on immediate and near-term needs: (a) filling 10 critical key and professional positions (across the executive and professional specializations); (b) filling another 12 to 18 anticipated professional hires throughout the company; (c) sourcing the much-valued summer college intern program hires (20 to 30) and fall intern program hires (another 5 to 10). Importantly, while knowledge of construction trade 'craft' hiring is essential, the Senior Regional Recruiter will not initially focus on craft recruiting.
You will know that you are the right candidate if designing, building, and managing a world-class recruiting strategy and delivering hiring results are your hallmarks. Most importantly, we are looking for the right person with the goodness of fit in alignment with the following behavioral traits:
- You enjoy doing great work and you strive for continuous improvement with good cadence and pace.
- You are self-directed, self-motivated, resilient, and have the 'grit' necessary to stay the course complete challenging tasks and meet time-sensitive hiring needs.
- You are customer service oriented and have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people through daily work efforts.
- You are organized and prepare for foreseeable events; you are versatile, agile, with a demonstrated capacity to multi-task, and juggle many demands with laser focus.
- You are not an excuse maker, but rather delight in taking ownership of your responsibilities and decisions; learn from your mistakes and put processes in place to avoid repeated mistakes and minimize risks.
- You are sufficiently humble, teachable, coachable, and have the ability to work independently and with others to get things done.
- You are innovative, creative, and delight in improvement.
- You are logical and enjoy accurately identifying and resolving problems using logic and a systematic problem-solving approach.
- You create processes that are defined, trackable, and repeatable.
- You are intentional, deliberate, and decisive with “calm urgency” in pressure situations, not frenetic chaos.
Technical Requirements for the Regional Senior Recruiter Position
- Experienced in the full life cycle of recruiting from HR strategy, planning, candidate attraction, sourcing, screening, talent selection, and hiring. Work on candidate onboarding, development, and retention helpful but not mandatory for the role of this position.
- Deep construction industry experience desirable, with experience hiring talent for key executive positions, professional workforce, college-level intern recruiting programs, and construction 'craft' positions.
- Bachelors Degree in a germane field is preferred; a masters degree in business, operations, human resources would be helpful. More than educational degrees or certifications, a proven track record of performance in the role is mandatory.
- History of progressively responsible recruiting positions.
- Experience with meeting high-velocity hiring demand situations that arise with seasonal talent needs, new project starts, and new business opportunities.
- Experience with recruiting entry-level college graduates and interns, job fairs, and contests to attract talent.
- Experience with military and veteran recruiting strategies, methods, and programs.
- Experience with sourcing talent for positions through online systems and tools (e.g., Indeed.com, LinkedIn.com, Glassdoor.com, and other sites)
- Experience with sourcing talent for positions through data research, data mining, and multiple forms of outreach to prospective candidates
- Experience with use of ATS systems, HRIMS, ERP and other integrated talent management systems.
- Competence with the MS Office Professional Suite (with particular skill in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook). Experience with MS Project helpful for master planning.
- Experience with developing and maintaining a consistent cadence of communication and follow-through with candidates and team members.
- Flexible, adaptable, with a "can-do, will-do" attitude, being responsible to deliver results.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated current and past accountability for results.
Baker DC offers an excellent salary & benefits package as well as the chance to join a dynamic and growing organization. Baker DC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Provider. Interested parties can submit their resumes, cover letters, at the link below.