VP Sales, IntelliBed
|Title:||VP Sales, IntelliBed|
IntelliBed, founded in 2000, is an innovative mattress manufacturing new comer with huge potential to disrupt the $7 billion mattress manufacturing industry landscape with IntelliBed's innovative core mattress offerings in the consumer luxury, specialty medical, infant crib, and online retailer markets. What makes IntelliBed unique is their intense focus on embedding science-based research and technology into each mattress design to improve consumers sleep, posture, support, providing cool and pain-free rest. Inside each IntelliBed is a proprietary buckling gel mattress core system made of Intelli-Gel and other non-allergenic materials. IntelliBED mattresses are engineered for better sleep by providing the proper back support and reducing tossing and turning.
While IntelliBed has designed a superior science-based sleep improving mattress system that has technically better mattress construction, quality, and performance than its much larger industry peers; the IntelliBed mattress does not sell itself -- yet. As a small mattress manufacturer, IntelliBed must compete for voice, retail floor space, and consumer mindshare in a crowded industry dominated largely by the several "S" brand mattress manufacturing giants in the industry. Consequently, IntelliBed seeks to hire an industry pro that understands the wholesale sales and retail distribution landscape to design and implement a plan to get IntelliBed into more wholesale distribution networks, to obtain more retail locations nationally, and support retailer sales through a well-planned wholesale distribution and sales support program.
IntelliBed seeks to hire an outstanding Vice President of Sales (VP-Sales) to design, build, and drive mattress sales through wholesale distribution networks that enable distributed retail channel sales growth throughout the US. Objectively, our new VP will design an effective strategic plan for their department, and subsequently attract, hire, train, onboard, and manage over 50+ 'captive' independent sales reps that have deep industry knowledge, including existing clientele and convertible mattress industry accounts; the VP-Sales will also develop a strategy to train our wholesale channel sales distribution partners and their representatives on marketing and sells of IntelliBed product. The VP of Sales will coordinate internally, liaison, and work alongside the VP of Retail Sales who is responsible for IntelliBed company owned stores.
If you are a 'rockstar' quality Vice President of Sales, and you have the desire, track-record, "Rolodex," contacts, and ability to take IntelliBed to the next level of sales expansion, then please apply.
VP of Sales
3676 West California Ave., Ste. D-100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84107
|For all inquiries please contacts:
Robin Rosenberg and Jolene Weston
Senior Executive Recruiters
222 S. Main Street, Suite 500-E
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Robin: 760-272-4306; email@example.com
Jolene: 801-361-9006; firstname.lastname@example.org
|NOTE: All applications are to submitted online at:
Vice President, Sales
IntelliBed seeks to hire an outstanding Vice President of Sales (VP-Sales) to design, build, and drive mattress sales through wholesale distribution networks that enable distributed retail channel sales growth throughout the US. Objectively, our new VP will design an effective strategic plan for their department, and subsequently attract, hire, train, onboard, and manage over 50+ 'captive' independent sales reps that have deep industry knowledge, including existing clientele and convertible mattress industry accounts; the VP-Sales will also develop a strategy to train our wholesale channel sales distribution partners and their representatives on marketing and sells of IntelliBed product. The VP of Sales will coordinate internally, liaison, and work alongisde the VP of Retail Sales who is responsible for IntelliBed company owned stores.
Within the mattress industry, there are several large strategic retail distribution partners, who, with hundreds of affiliated field reps and mattress stores, serve the needs of mattress retailers everywhere. IntelliBeds goal is to encourage and support these large strategic wholesale account partners in offering IntelliBeds unique in their local retail outlets and stores. IntelliBed's VP of Sales (VP-Sales, plays a key role in IntelliBed's sales management and marketing team by supporting our large strategic channel accounts. The VP-Sales reports to the CEO with dotted line coordination with CMO, and is responsible for managing our strategic wholesale partner channel accounts through their own sales work (as player/coach), and through hiring and managing other National Account Managers (NAM). The VP-Sales will build a nationwide sales system (with training manuals and businesses processes), and will develop a highly skilled and trained sales force of independent sales reps, and will hire and manage regional sales managers to assist with managing and harvesting predictable revenue from the sales system.
The ideal candidate for this sales leadership and management position will have built prior relationships with all the large retail and luxury mattress outlets and wholesale distribution networks; e.g., Sleepy's, Mattress Firm, The Sleep Train, America's Mattress, Mattress Giant, Back to Bed, Sit 'n Sleep, Denver Mattress, Havertys, and other mattress retailers. Further, the ideal candidate for this position is already a seasoned Senior Mattress Industry, National Wholesale Accounts Manager that possesses an abundance of skills, strategic insights, and short- and long-term focused visions, developed while working with national strategic accounts. Ideally, candidates will have prior experience working with rapidly growing companies, and will have managed sales teams that successfully grew 3x sales revenue through a strategic national wholesale account channel management strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience managing distributed teams of inside-sales, direct-sales, partner sales reps, and coordination with national account sales reps. The VP-Sales will track revenue, net profit for accounts, customer return rates, sign-ups of new stores and people, floor footprint (# of beds); floor model placement in store, and other sales KPIs. The VP-Sales will design and deliver a system to train national wholesale channel sales reps and their store personnel on how to showcase, sell, and market IntelliBed.
The ideal candidate will have been-there, done-that experience, and have continued energy, drive, process and systems delivery focus, and demonstrated ability to chart an optimal strategic course to take IntelliBeds strategic national account management program to the next level. The VP-Sales will have the behavioral traits and technical capabilities identified in this job description, and demonstrate in abundance the knowledge and mastery of key skills, abilities, and experience outlined below.
Top 10 Behavioral Traits Desired of our Vice President Sales
- Honesty and integrity
- Responsible, accountable, Gets Things Done (GTD), and delegates effectively
- Intelligent, knowledgeable, and a life-time learner
- Leadership (in executive management, strategy, initiative, and innovation)
- Winner, Achiever, and Sales Leader
- Emotionally intelligent, low-maintenance, and non-toxic
- Self-starter, operates with intention, and works hard with calm urgency
- Consistent, measured, and stable
- Innovative, growth-oriented, with can do and will do attitude
- Good negotiator
General Responsibilities of our VP Sales
- Advisor to the CEO and Executive Management Team on Sales and National Wholesale Channel Sales;
- Liaison and mutually support the VP of Retail Sales (responsible for IntelliBed company owned stores) in coordination of company marketing and sales campaign efforts, store design, and promotional events.
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships and act as a primary point of contact for assigned strategic wholesale national account partners to ensure partner satisfaction;
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates distribution partners needs on an ongoing basis;
- Establish and maintain strategic partner account plans to promote sales growth of individual strategic national accounts; Build and maintain relationships with executives, management, field and inside sales teams across all partner locations; Actively participates in national, regional and branch partner meetings keeping IntelliBed top of mind;
- Conduct Quarterly Business reviews with assigned strategic national account partners.
- Facilitate product and sales training of reps and NAMs, and strategic account inside and field sales representatives;
- Build partner sales enablement materials, including programs, playbooks, presentations, sales training, videos, call scripts, and more;
- Develop, market and manage partner SPIFF and sales incentive programs;
- Develop co-branded, customer-facing materials such as presentations, executive briefs, event materials, email / call campaigns, etc;
- Leverage Salesforce to manage and monitor pipeline, revenue growth, goal attainment, etc.;
- Assist with national account partner customer calls, presentations, uncovering new opportunities, cross-selling and scheduling account mapping between partner reps;
- Train, mentor, and motivate strategic national account partners on IntelliBed offerings
- Train and encourage partner portal use of IntelliBeds product sales, marketing, and distribution systems;
- Provide RFP support for technical response and BOM creation for strategic national accounts, and their inside and field reps as requested;
- Use a disciplined method for time and goal management, setting, monitoring, and achieving key KPIs and throughout the national account ecosystem;
- Proactively lead joint company-strategic account planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical one and three year milestones;
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the strategic national account manager role;
- Show ability to develop a deep understanding of strategic partner accounts business;
- Generate additional demand in IntelliBed through support of partner events;
- Ensure compliance and make sure that channel partners sign proper contracts/agreements;
- Manage any channel conflicts that may arise between NAMs;
- Train and mentor channel account managers;
- Delivers assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives for assigned partner accounts; achieves assigned monthly and quarterly sales quota for designated accounts; ensures that a high percentage of partners sales representatives are actively engaged in selling IntelliBed; grows new wholesale distribution account sign-ups per partner sales representative; grows average revenue per month for designated partner retail stores;
- Suggest, develop, monitor, and use KPI driven dashboards for use by NAMs and strategic partner accounts to increase transparency and improve sales;
- Review, update, and prepare new NAM standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the above responsibilities, and monitor these SOPs to ensure that they are followed to increase NAM performance and customer delight;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by CEO and/or the Executive Committee.
- Relationships with major mattress retailers and independent sales organizations and representatives
- BS degree in marketing, business management, communications, or related field. Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles (e.g. VP Sales, Wholesale Channel Sales, Regional Account Manager, National Account Manager, Senior National Account Manager, Director of National Accounts, VP of Sales where national account model is used)
- Being a self-starter is a must. Demonstrated ability to work alone, be self-governing, be proactive, and responsible for accomplishment of the company mission without need for daily coaching or prompting from the VP Sales and Marketing;
- Experience utilizing CRM (e.g. Salesforce) packages and tools in the account management process required;
- Experience using MS Office Professional (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc)
- Work history as Sales VP, Regional Account Manager, National Account Manager, Director of National Accounts, or VP Sales for a sales organization;
- Experience successfully managing large enterprise and strategic accounts
- Demonstrated work history of managing HR issues for the sales department including hiring, firing, compensation and incentive compensation plan development helpful.
- Experience developing national account management programs for high-growth companies
- Uses a defined enterprise sales methodology to drive results
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Results driven, proactive and able to work autonomously
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Able to relate to and work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Flexible, with the ability to embrace change in a rapidly evolving work and market environment
- Experience with National Sales Partner models required
- Experience with fast growing SaaS companies preferred
- Familiarity with eCommerce (online sales) preferred
- Prior experience with animal health industry national accounts highly preferred
- Experience in mattress manufacturing industry and national accounts a must
- Routine travel of 50%-70% is anticipated for this position, and the candidate must demonstrate that they understand the travel requirements of the position
- Proven track record in national account sales, regularly achieving goals and quota attainment
- Strong cross-functional team skills
- Ability to manage budget, strategic account partner programs
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communication with c-suite executives
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with both internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with ability to operate on a wide range of topics and projects at one time
- History of building and maintaining relationships
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to be persuasive
- The ability to multitask effectively and see projects through from inception to completion
- Experience building integrated campaigns with channel partners is a plus
- Familiarity with Target Account Selling is a plus
- While IntelliBeds headquarters office is in Salt Lake City, UT, given the heavy travel requirement expected for this position, IntelliBed will consider candidates that work remotely from home with periodic travel to HQ, not requiring a formal relocation of their household to Salt Lake City, UT.
To truly understand the IntelliBed company, their unique mattress construction and the science that supports their claims, interested candidates in this position are encouraged to watch a video prepared by IntelliBed found at sleepexposed.com.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with ability.
The Vice President of Sales (VP-Sales) designation is a new position and available immediately. We expect the selected candidate to start as soon as reasonably feasible, with a target of early Q2 2017 new employee start. While speedy placement is desirable, IntelliBed will take the time necessary to find the best available candidate for this position. IntelliBed realizes that the right candidate is likely to be working for another firm; therefore, we are willing to work with you to make a smooth transition.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications